The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program is recognized worldwide as the standard in production and inventory control, a critical function within an organization for reducing costs and achieving a competitive edge. The CPIM designation is earned by successfully completing two exams demonstrating competency in production and inventory management.
Through the CPIM preparation and exam process, you will gain knowledge, learn skills and best practices required to execute, control and improve internal operations within the four walls of your company.
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Maximize ROI on the systems and technologies within your organization\
- Master the tools you need to effectively improve internal operations
- Gain knowledge to apply principles of ERP software to cover various critical functions within your organization
- Increase customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
Earning the designation demonstrates a solid understanding of the CPIM body of knowledge which covers five areas:
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management of Resources
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
Why Seek APICS CPIM Certification?
Earning the CPIM credential makes you a recognized expert in internal operations for your organization. Your commitment and effort demonstrates your high level of knowledge and skills to your employer and colleagues. Certification makes you a more valuable asset to your organization, boosting your career and keeping your organization more competitive in today’s economy. Wherever your career takes you, your CPIM certification defines you as an internal operations expert and leader.
- Module 1: Supply Chains and Strategy
- Module 2: Sales and Operations Planning
- Module 3: Demand
- Module 4: Supply
- Module 5: Detailed Schedules
- Module 6: Inventory
- Module 7: Distribution
- Module 8: Quality, Technology and Continuous Improvement